why solar energy
Why Do We Need Solar Energy?
Solar is the solution:
The abundant use of coal, oil and natural gas threatens our future with toxic pollution, and global climatic changes, we all must transform our economy and learn to thrive on the planet's abundant supply of renewable energy i.e solar energy.
Solar Power generation is a clean energy system that generated electricity from sunlight that falls on the earth。 It can be used just about anywhere in large buildings, in factories, in residential homes and also in remote areas where it is too expensive to extend the electricity from grid。 It is clean exhaustible energy source with abundant energy and flexible options。
different types of photovoltaic technology:
The PV technology has covered from Silicon to Organic dye Synthesized Solar cells。 The major part of PV cell is being made with crystalline Silicon, covering almost 80%, while the rest 20% includes all developing technologies like thin film and others。
There are primarily two types of solar cells in active use today- the first is the Crystalline Silicon, and is named for the light-absorbing layer of material that it employs in "slice" or "wafer" form.
The second is thin film, and is named for the thin layer of light-absorbing material that is deposited on the solar cell's substrate surface using various "vapor deposition" techniques。
Appealing Characteristics of Solar Energy:
Consumes no fuel
Wide Power handling capabilities
High power to weight ratio
The most common type of solar cells uses crystalline silicon (c-Si) as its light-absorbing material. Solar cells in this category are sometimes referred to as "bulk" or "wafer-based" solar cells because their light-absorbing material is originally created in bulk form, sliced into wafers approximately 180-240 micormeters thick, and then positioned as a layer in the solar cell structure. The most common types of light absorbing materials used in crystalline Silicon solar cells are monocrystalline silicon ( which is sliced from a single, large Silicon crystal), polycrystalline or multicrystalline Silicon (sliced from square cast ingots of Silicon), and ribbon Silicon( formed by drawing flat ribbons from molten silicon).
In contrast to crystalline silicon solar cells, the light absorbing materials incorporated into thin film solar cells are "applied" to substrate surfaces using deposition techniques capable of creating layers that are 1/100th the thickness of the light-absorbing wafers in crystalline silicon cells。 The most common light-absorbing materials used in thin-film solar cells are Cadmium Telluride (CdTe), Copper Indium Gallium diselenide (CIGS) and amorphous Silicon (a-Si), a non-crystalline form of Silicon。 Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) is used in thin-film solar cells developed for high-efficiency applications such as space commerce and exploration。